Skip to the content

This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.

Staff Portal


Administration of Curtin’s Insurance Program, is managed externally by Curtin University’s Insurance Brokers, Aon, who are primarily responsible for:

  • Arranging the purchase of appropriate insurance cover for Curtin;
  • Overseeing the investigation of all non-workers compensation claims as well as assisting in the negotiation of any third-party settlements;
  • Attending to all insurance enquiries arising from Curtin activities;
  • Ensuring the insurance cover is regularly reviewed, to reflect the changing risk profile of the University.

Please contact the Curtin Insurance Team at

Coverage details for Curtin’s various Insurance Policies, is included below, and is generally afforded to Curtin University, including its Staff, Students and Volunteers.

Note the below specific Covered Student Definition with respect to Fieldwork activities:

Covered Student Definition

A Curtin Student is covered by Curtin’s Insurance Policies if the activities undertaken by that Student are authorised by Curtin.

These activities include Curtin-approved Curricular, Co-curricular Fieldwork and/or Work Integrated Learning activities, whether Students are enrolled in a course or unit, or on approved Leave of Absence (LOA).

Where a Student is recorded as Absent Without Official Leave (AWOL), and wishes to undertake Fieldwork activities, they should transfer status to LOA, and seek Curtin authorisation to undertake the Fieldwork in order to be covered by insurance.

Students are not covered for insurance if the above is not undertaken.

Information contained within this website, is intended as a matter of information only, and confers no rights upon the persons mentioned within. It does not amend, extend or alter the coverage afforded by the various insurance policies. It is provided as a summary only of the covers provided.