Dr Allison Rieck
Dr Allison Rieck is a qualified pharmacist. She has experience in all facets of pharmacy including community, hospital, and manufacturing. She has lectured at the Curtin University Pharmacy School and University of WA Pharmacy Program chiefly in health and wellbeing. Allison’s PhD, studying the General Practitioner/Community Pharmacist relationship in the delivery of chronic disease management, was completed in 2010,an was awarded from the UWA Business School. Allison is now a Research Co-coordinator at the Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute (CHIRI) with interests in qualitative research, collaborative chronic disease management, health innovation and the effective/efficient delivery of healthcare.Back to top
Twenty-five years experience in all aspects of the pharmacy profession; community, hospital, industry and educational roles, including
- management in both hospital and community pharmacy areas,
- research and technical support for the pharmaceutical industry,
- lecturing pharmacy students at a tertiary level,
- management of, and input to educational programs for community pharmacists.
- research of primary healthcare including general practitioner practice and collaborative care.
Specific areas of interest and expertise developed in people management, nutrition, improving primary healthcare practice, collaborative chronic disease management, health promotion and education.Back to top
Memberships, Awards and Training
- Registered Pharmacist Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Member - Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Member – Sports Medicine Australia
- Member – Network of Fitness Professionals.
- President – University of Western Australia Women’s Associates Hockey Club.
- Community pharmacy,
- Chronic Disease Management,
- General Practice and Primary Healthcare.