Dr Elaine Bennett
Current position: Director Strategy & Research, NgalaBack to top
Doctoral thesis "An exploration of the past, present and future of nursing in Early Parenting Services in Australia"
My role at Ngala has the responsibility to drive the Research Agenda with multiple Research partners and Universities.
See website www.ngala.com.auBack to top
Early Parenting, Child health and development, Interdisciplinary teamwork, Workforce Planning, Perinatal mental health, Rural health, Management and leadership, Implementation Science and Practice Development.Back to top
Journal Articles (Scholarly/Professional)
- Bennett, E., Y. L. Hauck, G. Radford, and S. Bindahneem. 2016. "An interprofessional exploration of nursing and social work roles when working jointly with families." Journal of Interprofessional Care 30 (2): 232-237.
Journal Articles (Scholarly/Professional)
- Bennett, E., and S. Alliex. 2014. "A workforce development strategy for nursing in early parenting services in Australia: solutions for the 'baby boomer' exit from the nursing workforce." Australian Journal of Child and Family Health Nursing 11 (1): 10-16.
- Wells, G., Y. Hauck, E. Bennett, L. Shields, and K. Johnson. 2014. "Nurses' experience of using a strengths-based framework to facilitate change with families." Australian Journal of Child and Family Health Nursing 11 (1): 17-24.
Journal Articles (Research)
- Fletcher, R., C. May, F. K. Lambkin, A. W. Gemmill, W. Cann, J. M. Nicholson, C. Rawlinson, J. Milgrom, N. Highet, M. Foureur, E. Bennett, and G. Skinner.. "SMS4dads: Providing information and support to new fathers through mobile phones – a pilot study." Advances in Mental Health 15 (2). Inpress.
- Bennett, E., K. Berry, T. I. Emeto, O. K. Burmeister, J. Young, and L. Sheilds. 2017. "Attitudes to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender parents seeking health care for their children in two early parenting services in Australia." Journal of Clinical Nursing 26 (7-8): 1021-1030.
Richard Fletcher, Chris May, Frances- Kay Lambkin, Alan W. Gemmill, Warren Cann, Jan M. Nicholson, Catherine Rawlinson, Jeannette Milgrom, Nicole Highet, Maralyn Foureur, Elaine Bennett & Geoff Skinner (2016): SMS4dads: Providing information and support to new fathers through mobile phones – a pilot study, Advances in Mental Health, doi:10.1080/18387357.2016.1245586
- Bennett, E. Berry, K. Emeto, TI, Burmeister, OK. Young, J & Shields, L. (2016) ATTITUDES TO LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER PARENTS SEEKING HEALTH CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN IN TWO EARLY PARENTING SERVICES IN AUSTRALIA, Journal Clinical Nursing, Sept, DOI: 10.1111/jocn.13595.
- Bennett, E. Hauck, Y., Radford, G., Bindahneem, S. (2015). ‘An interprofessional exploration of nursing and social work roles when working jointly with families’. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 30 (2), 232-237.
- Wells, G. Shields, L Hauck, Y., Bennett, E, Johnson, K (2014). ‘Do we make a difference? Parents' and nurses' experiences of using a strengths–based, solution-focused approach to care’. Australian Journal of Child and Family Health Nursing. 11 (2) Nov.
- Fletcher, R., Dowse E., Bennett, E., Chan, S., O'Brien, A., & Jones, (2014), The Paternal Perinatal Depression Initative, Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal, 22 (5), Nov.
- Fletcher, R., Dowse, E., Hall, P., Hopwood, N., Bennett, E., & Erikson, J., (2014), Identifying depressed fathers during a home visit, Invited paper for Australian Journal of Child & Family Health Nursing, 11 (1) June.
- Bennett, E, (2013), ‘An exploration of the past, present and future of early parenting services in Australia”, Doctorate in Nursing thesis, University Notre Dame Australia.
- Bennett, E & Cooke, D, (2012) Surviving postnatal depression: the male experience, Journal Neonatal Pediatric & Child Health Nursing, 15 (3) Nov. ISSN 1441-6638.
- Bennett, E., Hauck, Y., Bindahneem, S., Banham, V., Owens, M., Priddis, L., Wells, G., Sinclair, W., Shields, L., (2012), The development of an interdisciplinary research agenda at Ngala: an innovative case study, Journal Neonatal Paediatric & Child Health Nursing, 15 (1) March. ISSN 1441-6638.
- Hauck, Y., Hall, W., Dhaliwal, S., Bennett, E. & Wells, G. (2011) The effectiveness of an early parenting intervention for mothers with infants with sleep and settling concerns: a prospective non-equivalent before-after design. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 21, 52-62. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2011.03734.x
St John W, Fraser K, Bennett E, (2007), Home Visiting, In W. St. John & (Eds),
Community Nursing Practice: Theory, Skills and Issues, (pp.230-248) Ch 13. Allen &
Unwin: NSW.Back to top