Dr Lei Cui
Office of the Provost
Faculty of Science and Engineering
08 9266 7594
- Head of the Biorobotics Research Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
- Senior Lecturer in Mechatronics, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, US
- PhD in Engineering (Robotics), Centre for Robotics Research, King's College London, University of London, London, UK
Memberships, Awards and Training
Robotic Hand Exoskeleton
- Overall Winner, 2015 Curtin University Commercial Innovation Awards
- Overall Winner, 2015 National iAwards (Undergraduate Tertiary domain)
- Overall Winner, 2015 WAITTA INCITE Student Project Awards
- 2016 IROS Best Paper Finalist
Back to top
Please visit the website of the Biorobotics Research Lab at www.curtin.edu/biorobotics.Back to top
Conference Articles (Research)
- Cui, L., G. S. Astudillo, and G. T. Allison. 2016. "A Neuromotor Device for Reducing Phantom Limb Pain in Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury." In 3rd International Conference on Mechanics and Mechatronics Research, Jun 15, 2016, Chongqing, China
- Wang, K., L. Cui, and K. D. Do. 2016. "A discrete dipole approximation approach to underwater active electrosense problems." In RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016 IEEE, Oct 9, 2016, Daejeon, Korea
- Wang, K., L. Cui, and K. D. Do. 2016. "An underwater electrosensory membrane bio-inspired by weakly electric fish." In 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Oct 9, 2016, Daejeon, South Korea
Journal Articles (Scholarly/Professional)
- Rahimi Nohooji, H., I. Howard, and L. Cui.. "Neural network adaptive control design for robot manipulators under velocity constraints." Journal of the Franklin Institute Inpress.
- Wang, K., Do, and L. Cui. 2017. "Underwater Active Electrosense: A Scattering Formulation and its Application." IEEE Transactions on Robotics 33 (5): 1233-1241.
- Cui, L., J. Sun, and J. S. Dai.. "In-hand forward and inverse kinematics with rolling contact." Robotica Inpress.