Dr Marilyn Bennet-Chambers
Adjunct Research Fellow
Faculty of Health Sciences
School of Biomedical Sciences
Memberships, Awards and Training
- Statistical Society of Australia
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Clinical Trials; Methods & Design and Trial Management. NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre.
- Unsealed Radioisotopes. UWA.
- Academic Leadership
- Project Management
- Mental Health First Aid
- Lifeline Telephone Counselling
Ecophysiology of trace metals in the aquatic environment
- Biomonitors to quantify presence of environmental trace metals especially cadmium (Cd) and zinc (Zn)
- Assimilation & efflux of Cd & Zn in freshwater crayfish
- Use of radiolabelled isotopes to examine trace metal uptake via food and water
- Characterisation of MT species induced in response to trace metal exposures in both freshwater crayfish and coral prawns
- Potential biomarker
Freshwater crayfish biology and ecology
- Cherax cainii (marron)
Journal Articles (Scholarly/Professional)
- Bennet-Chambers, M., P. Davies, and B. Knott.. "Cadmium in aquatic ecosystems in Western Australia: A legacy of nutrient-deficient soils." Journal of Environmental Management 57 (4). Inpress.