What is the Advancing Admissions Project?
The application experience is one of the first touchpoints for prospective students in their Curtin journey, and this experience needs to be as smooth and accessible as possible. This calls for a streamlined application process, providing clear and detailed instructions, and offering support and guidance to applicants.
The project is developing new modules within the Student One suite to support the Application to Admission journey for an applicant, enabling manual processes to be streamlined and automated. By doing so, Curtin University can ensure that all prospective students have an equal opportunity to pursue their academic and career aspirations.
What is changing?
- Apply: applicants will use the new Applicant Portal to create, submit and accept online applications. The view of the Applicant Portal is mirrored in the Agent portal, where agents can submit and manage applications on behalf of applicants.
- Assess: Admissions and academic staff will assess applications and record assessment outcomes using the new ‘Enhanced Admissions’ module.
- Offer: offer letters will be created, issued, and processed using the new ‘Enhanced Admissions’ module. Applicants will receive and respond to offers using the new Applicant Portal.
- Applicant Communications: Enhancements to the Oracle CRM will provide a consolidated view of all admissions related correspondence, including those sent from StudentOne, CRM and Marketo. Support staff will be able to directly link into an application from the CRM.
- Engagement: Automated nudge and nurture communications to encourage and support applicants to submit their applications, reply to requests and respond to offers.
- Decommissioning Activities: eApplications and ApplyNow will be decommissioned as we cutover to the new system.
When is the change happening?
The project officially went live with the new Applicant Portal, Agent Portal and Enhanced Admissions module on the 14th of November. The TISC process will transition to CiA in December 2023.
Where relevant, Curtin Staff were invited to attend training that was tailored to their role. Training commenced in mid-October, with sessions running in the weeks leading up to Go Live.
The Advancing Admissions Project is a strategic project in collaboration between Student Services and Digital & Technology Solutions